Saturday, January 29, 2011

Outside Reading #1

The book I am reading for this project is Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins.
It is the third and final book in the series The Hunger Games and is really widely popular. After the book Catching Fire, Katniss Everdeen was taken to the underground District 13, where they want her to become their political figure: the Mockingjay. At the same time, Everyone is preparing for an upcoming war, Capitol versus District 13.

My rating sastem is really unique. Its going to be on a scale of 1-15, 1 being the worst, and 15 being the best. On top of that, I will be using the pictures of all 14 members of Organization 13 from the video game Kingdom Hearts, (plus Riku as 15)

The book is kind of slow in the first few chapters. Its a good read but... the only action so far is Katniss finding her shackled prep team in room Three-Nine-Oh-Eight, half naked and everything, at the end of the part I read. (I about finished the book already, I'm just splitting up what parts I use for my posts.) I find it interesting to know what exactly District 13 is like. It kinda makes me wonder what it would be like to live underground... Its also very touching to see that Cinna, the former head of her prep team, still has some sketches for clothes for her to use as the Mockingjay. One of my favorite things is the Mockingjay pin, under which is written "I'm still betting on you." The fact that he wrote that however... it almost makes me think he already knew he was going to die.

If I were to ask the author anything, I would ask why she writes the book in the present tense, instead of the past tense. I also wonder what significance Buttercup the Cat has in the story. I don't see any reason for the author to bring him back...

No comments:

Post a Comment