Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Outside Reading: Immortal

My new book that I am reading is titled Immortal. I have finished the book rather quickly, but the end leaves a whole lot unsaid. Although it seems that Sebastian is the main romantic interest, it is quickly revealed that he is also the main antagonist, although he does not want to be. He also appears to have dissapeared but it is really unclear as to how or where to. Could he have finally faded away and become a demon, or did he leave so he could protect Evie? I'm really confused about that...

I wonder if Mrs. Hartle or the other Dark Sisters are still alive. They were swept up in the giant wave Evie created and went missing, but they may still be alive. If they are, Evie and her friends are in huge trouble. I also wonder if Evie will get to see Sebastian again. Personally, I think they are really good together, although they are enemies.

If I were Evie, I'd try to find Sebastian in any way I can. I wouldn't want for him to fade into the shadows, no matter what. I'd also ask Sarah and Helen to join me, so that the circle would all be there. I wouldn't have to ask Agnes, because she would always be with me anyways. I could count on her to guide me to him, and Helen's ability to use the wind to teleport would come in handy as well.

I realized near the end of the story that Evie's water, upon licking over Sebastian by mistake, seemed to revive him a little. Maybe Evie's water is all he needs to stay alive for some time, not Agnes' fire. If that's true, then there really is some hope left for these two to be together. But if that's true, then why would Sebastian have left? Wouldn't he have realized this?

I'm not sure if the boarding school really would be mostly the same after everything that happened. With Mrs. Hartle missing, wouldn't Mrs. Scratton want to change some of the rules? She seemed to know what was going on, but she's really going to keep all the same rules? I would expect her to be a bit more lenient. Then again, she was one of the more strict teachers in the story.

I'm surprised by how little significance Laura, a girl who was mentioned several times earlier on in the story, had to the overall plot. I admit I really did half expect her ghost to appear in the story, but not with a vengeance like Celeste claimed. I thought that she would be Evie's dream self, but it turns out that Agnes got that role instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment